Your booking was successful
Terms and Conditions
GENERAL BOOKING FEE POLICY & RESERVATION PROCEDURE
For all Guest bookings, The Responsible Person has to make a 25% non-refundable administration and booking fee when making this reservation. This fee also includes the cost of all admin associated with booking this date and is a protective measure for The Lodge as well as the Guest, unless a booking is made within 30 days prior to the scheduled date of arrival in which case full payment is required to secure the reservation.
An Indemnity Form needs to be completed in full, without any changes to the form, on behalf of each minor by the legal guardian of that specific minor/s, who is part of a Group visiting The Lodge, without the direct supervision of the minor/s legal guardian, and also by any adult for himself, as well as his family, visiting The Lodge, and handed in at our Reception on day of arrival. Please print the applicable form, and bring the completed form with you.
In the event that The Lodge, at any time, receives another firm enquiry, accompanied by the payment of our administration and booking fee, seeking accommodation being held by a Temporary Reservation for the Guest or Group, then The Lodge reserves the right to request the Guest or Group, to immediately:
Release the said accommodation; or
Pay a non-refundable administration and booking fee to The Lodge as indicated on the Temporary Reservation issued to the Guest or Group, so as to secure the reservation
The cancellation of a provisional reservation will not incur cancellation fees. Cancellation of reservations made within 30 days of intended arrival will not incur cancellation charges if cancelled within 24 hours of the original confirmation of the reservation.
The Guest or Group shall be liable for the following cancellation fees on the cancellation of a confirmed reservation, namely,
- 150 – 91 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 35% of the full amount of the entire booking.
- 90 – 61 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 50% of the full amount of the entire booking.
- 60 – 31 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 75% of the full amount of the entire booking.
- 30 – 00 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 100% of the full amount of the entire booking.
Should a Guest depart earlier than the confirmed departure date, a full cancellation fee for the remainder of stay will be charged. All administration and booking fees received after confirmation of a reservation, are Non-Refundable and will apply as cancellation fees.
Payments can be effected by either:
- Cheques – NO cheques are accepted as means of payment.
- Cash – Bank commission on cash amount will be for the account of The Guest.
Payments must be made in South African Rand and a copy of the deposit slip emailed to email@example.com and needs to reflect the reservation number and the name of the Guest or Group. Payments without the correct information cannot be allocated to the applicable reservation, and the reservation may be cancelled.
- Amendments will only be accepted, when done in writing.
- All amendments will attract a R100.00 non-refundable administration fee.
- The Lodge reserves the right to refuse amendments within 30 days prior the scheduled date of arrival.
Although malaria is not endemic to the Western Cape region where The Lodge is situated, it is the Guest or Group’s sole and absolute responsibility to ensure that all necessary precautions against malaria are timeously taken.
A Disciplinary/Breakage/Key deposit will be levied
on all types of accommodation, and will be shown on your invoice as “Refundable
Deposit” Any Guest, not adhering to the below clauses, or who lost his keys, or
is creating nuisance, will be fined and/or ask to leave The Lodge, without
reimbursing any money already paid, which amount will be deducted from the
Disciplinary Deposit. Disciplinary Deposit will be paid into the Guest’s
account within seven working days after the departure date.
Visitors are only aloud entrance to The Lodge if they are in possession of a valid Entry Permit, issued by Reception, and are visiting guests staying at The Lodge. Entrance fees will be levied. Day visiting hours will only be from 10:00 until 20:00. The Responsible Person for this reservation has to see that all visitors under his/her control abide by all rules, policies and disclaimers enforced by The Lodge. Any visitors failing to comply will be removed from The Lodge.
CHECK IN / CHECK OUT
Check-in is from 14:00 until 20:00 on the day of arrival, and checkout is before 10:00 on the day of departure. We will however endeavor to accommodate guests on an earlier or later check-in, or a late checkout time, on condition that arrangements have been made well in advance, subject to the availability of rooms. Any unauthorized late check-out will result in the loss of the Disciplinary Deposit.
NB: Reception for check-in will close at 20:00 daily.
- RIGHT OF ADMISSION RESERVED
- PLEASE have respect for each other and our beautiful & pristine surroundings
- No dogs or pets allowed
- No litter
- No graffiti please
- Fireworks and sky lanterns are prohibited in our area
- Please help us recycle & try keeping use of water & electricity to a minimum
- Be aware of the baboons, monkeys and other wildlife – they have right of way – Do not interfere with them
- Do not kill, hurt, chase or throw anything at any wildlife
- We have a zero-tolerance policy towards the use of drugs, illegal substances and abusive behaviour
- No music centres, speaker boxes, parties, loud music permitted· Absolute silence from 22:00 until 08:00
- Smoking is a health risk, and is therefore not allowed inside any building
- All cooking, ablution & BBQ facilities have to be kept clean at all times
- Do not mix inventory items between buildings
- Do not exceed the numbers listed on your reservation
- Do not open gate for anyone without legal Day Visiting Permit. The guest will be liable for payment for the full duration of his/her reservation.
- Only one vehicle, one caravan/trailer with two side tents allowed per campsite
- Only one vehicle allowed per Chalet/Log Cabin
- Boat and large trailer parking is available at no extra cost, if owner stays with us.
- Enjoy our spectacular area and have fun
- We are looking forward to having a good time with you
Please adhere to all deadlines stipulated in the reservation to avoid the reservation being automatically cancelled without prior notice.
THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT
CUSTOMER CONSENT NOTICE
Privacy is paramount
This Notice explains how we as Harkerville Forest lodge, obtain, use and disclose your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act No 4 of 2013 (“Act”).
We are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully and transparently.
We collect and process your personal information mainly to:
1. providing the Organisation’s services to clients
2. to communicate with clients.
3. confirming, verifying and updating client details.
4. conducting market or customer satisfaction research; and
5. in connection with and to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or when it is otherwise allowed by law.
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed with you. In addition, where necessary your information may be retained for legal or research purposes.
For this purpose, we will collect:
1. title, full names, initials and identity number/ passport number of natural persons.
2. registration name and number or juristic person; and
3. tax numbers, contact number, email addresses, fax numbers, postal addresses and physical addresses.
information directly from you where you provide us with your personal
Disclosure of information
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you.
We may also disclose your information where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes, where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights or to our auditors, legal advisors, etc.
Storage and retention and destruction of information
We will store your personal information electronically in a centralised data base, which, for operational reasons, will be accessible to all within the Organisation on a need to know and business basis, save that where appropriate, some of your personal information may be retained in hard copy.
We will ensure that your personal information which provide to us will be held and/or stored securely.
Once your personal information is no longer required due to the fact that the purpose for which the personal information was held has come to an end and has expired, such personal information will be safely and securely archived for such periods as may be required by any law applicable in South Africa.
Thereafter we will ensure that such personal information is permanently destroyed.
Your Rights: Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply follow the procedure as set out under our PAIA and POPIA Manual and specify what information you require.
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information.
How to contact us
If you have any queries about this notice, you need further information about our privacy practices, if you wish to withdraw consent, exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us @ firstname.lastname@example.org, or 0445327777.
Declaration and informed Consent
I the signatory hereby acknowledge that I have read the terms and conditions reflected above, that I fully understand the meaning and effect thereof, that all personal information supplied to the Organisation is accurate, up-to-date, not misleading and that it is complete in all respects, to immediately advise the Organisation of any changes to the personal information should any of these details change, to give the Organisation permission to process the personal information, as provided above, and acknowledge that I understand the purposes for which it is required and for which it will be used.
If you are not satisfied that our terms are reasonable, please do not continue with this reservation, as it is binding and not negotiable. If you have any questions, misapprehensions, doubts or would like to discuss any factor pertaining to or any element of this document or the Activities, the details of which appear on our website and which will be explained to you in detail before participating in the Activity (‘the Briefing’), please phone or email us before you proceed to sign the document or discuss it at the Briefing before signing and participating in the Activity.
PLEASE PRINT CLEARLY
I, the undersigned, ________________________________________________________ Identity No: _______________________________________
In the case of a minor, give permission for my child and/or children, or have been given written permission by the child’s parent/legal guardian to sign on behalf of him/her
Name:_________________________________ Date of birth:___________________ Name:_________________________________ Date of birth:___________________
1. I hereby confirm that I, my spouse, child/children might be participating in activities in and around Ingwe Adventures and on the property/venue which might be dangerous, including but not limited to, zip line, swimming, hiking, biking, obstacle courses, Scootours, canoeing, SUP etc and hereby acknowledge and agree that if any of us participate in any activities, we are medically fit to participate in the Ingwe Adventures activities, acknowledge and accept that any of us participate in Ingwe Adventure activities is at our sole risk;
2. I furthermore agree that, should any activity arise for which any of us do not consider him and/or her fit to participate in (whether for medical or any other reasons), he and/or she shall be asked to refrain from that activity. If you have any doubts about your, him and/or her medical and/or physical condition, please consult a medical practitioner before signing this document.
3. I fully understand and accept that our visit, stay, participation in activities, tours and excursions of any nature whatsoever shall be undertaken at our own risk and agree to abide to any signage displayed and obey at all times, requests or demands of Harkerville Lodge and/or Ingwe Adventures
4. I understand and agree that I shall have no claim against Harkerville Lodge and/or Ingwe Adventures, its trustees, employees, sub-contractors, agents, representatives and/or consultants for any loss, damage, harm, injury, death or expense which may be suffered by him/her, or by any third party, from any cause whatsoever, howsoever arising in connection with participation at Harkerville Lodge and/or Ingwe Adventures and/or our use of any services, products or facilities relating to Harkerville Lodge and/or Ingwe Adventures. Damages shall include direct, indirect, general, special, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages
5. I hereby waive and abandon any claim(s), which I, my dependants, or my executors, may have, at any time, against Harkerville Lodge and/or Ingwe Adventures, their owners, agents, representatives, employees, and insurers, arising out of, or in connection with, or as a result of, any loss of or damage to property owned by me and/or my family and/or that may arise in connection with, or as a result of, any death, or injury to me and/or my family, in the course of our visit or stay, or as a consequence of our visit or stay, participation in activities, tours, and excursions of any nature whatsoever.
6. I hereby indemnify, hold harmless and absolve Harkerville Lodge and/or Ingwe Adventures, their owners, agents, representatives, employees, servants, and insurers against and from any or all claims whatsoever which may arise in connection with, or as a result of, any loss of or damage to property owned by me and/or any of my family members, under my control visiting Harkerville Lodge and/or Ingwe Adventures ; and/or that may arise in connection with, or as a result of, the death of or injury to myself and/or any member of my family visiting Harkerville Lodge and/or Ingwe Adventures, in the course of our visit or stay, or as a consequence of our visit or stay, participation in activities, tours and excursions of any nature whatsoever.
7. I acknowledge that this Exclusion of Liability & Indemnity also applies to any of my family members, or persons under my control, as the leader of a group, that may visit Harkerville Lodge and/or participate in activities with Ingwe Adventures.
8. I further acknowledge that these provisions are binding on my estate, heirs, executors, administrators, parents and/or guardians, and warrant that I have the legal capacity and authority to enter in this indemnity and that I have read and understood the terms and conditions set out above
9. I also agree that pictures taken during his/her stay or
event may be used for marketing purposes unless advised.