If you are experiencing difficulty please contact us at
Tel no: 044 532 7777 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to our site
Your booking was successful
Terms and Conditions
Forest Lodge (Hereafter referred to as “The Lodge”) reserves the right to
stipulate a minimum stay over weekends, public holidays and holiday
periods. A weekend constitutes a Friday and a Saturday night.
GENERAL BOOKING FEE POLICY & RESERVATION PROCEDURE
For all Guest bookings, The Responsible Person has to make a 25% non-refundable administration and booking fee when making this reservation. This fee also includes the cost of all admin associated with booking this date and is a protective measure for The Lodge as well as the Guest, unless a booking is made within 30 days prior to the scheduled date of arrival in which case full payment is required to secure the reservation.
An Indemnity Form needs to be completed in full, without any changes to the form, on behalf of each minor by the legal guardian of that specific minor/s, who is part of a Group visiting The Lodge, without the direct supervision of the minor/s legal guardian, and also by any adult for himself, as well as his family, visiting The Lodge, and handed in at our Reception on day of arrival. Please print the applicable form, and bring the completed form with you.
In the event that The Lodge, at any time, receives another firm enquiry, accompanied by the payment of our administration and booking fee, seeking accommodation being held by a Temporary Reservation for the Guest or Group, then The Lodge reserves the right to request the Guest or Group, to immediately:
Release the said accommodation; or
Pay a non-refundable administration and booking fee to The Lodge as indicated on the Temporary Reservation issued to the Guest or Group, so as to secure the reservation
The cancellation of a provisional reservation will not incur cancellation fees. Cancellation of reservations made within 30 days of intended arrival will not incur cancellation charges if cancelled within 24 hours of the original confirmation of the reservation.
The Guest or Group shall be liable for the following cancellation fees on the cancellation of a confirmed reservation, namely,
150 – 91 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 35% of the full amount of the entire booking.
90 – 61 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 50% of the full amount of the entire booking.
60 – 31 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 75% of the full amount of the entire booking.
30 – 00 days prior to arrival at the lodge = 100% of the full amount of the entire booking.
Should a Guest depart earlier than the confirmed departure date, a full cancellation fee for the remainder of stay will be charged.
All administration and booking fees received after confirmation of a reservation, are Non-Refundable and will apply as cancellation fees.
Payments can be effected by either:
· Cheques – NO cheques are accepted as means of payment.
· Cash – Bank commission on cash amount will be for the account of The Guest.
Payments must be made in South African Rand and a copy of the deposit slip emailed to email@example.com and needs to reflect the reservation number and the name of the Guest or Group. Payments without the correct information cannot be allocated to the applicable reservation, and the reservation may be cancelled.
Amendments will only be accepted, when done in writing.
All amendments will attract a R100.00 non-refundable administration fee.
The Lodge reserves the right to refuse amendments within 30 days prior the scheduled date of arrival.
Although malaria is not endemic to the Western Cape region where The Lodge is situated, it is the Guest or Group’s sole and absolute responsibility to ensure that all necessary precautions against malaria are timeously taken.
A Disciplinary/Breakage/Key deposit will be levied on all types of accommodation, and will be shown on your invoice as “Refundable Deposit” Any Guest, not adhering to the below clauses, or who lost his keys, or is creating nuisance, will be fined and/or ask to leave The Lodge, without reimbursing any money already paid, which amount will be deducted from the Disciplinary Deposit.
Disciplinary Deposit will be paid into the Guest’s account within seven working days after the departure date.
Visitors are only aloud entrance to The Lodge if they are in possession of a valid Entry Permit, issued by Reception, and are visiting guests staying at The Lodge. Entrance fees will be levied. Day visiting hours will only be from 10:00 until 20:00. The Responsible Person for this reservation has to see that all visitors under his/her control abide by all rules, policies and disclaimers enforced by The Lodge. Any visitors failing to comply will be removed from The Lodge.
CHECK IN / CHECK OUT
Check-in is from 14:00 until 20:00 on the day of arrival, and checkout is before 10:00 on the day of departure. We will however endeavour to accommodate guests on an earlier or later check-in, or a late checkout time, on condition that arrangements have been made well in advance, subject to the availability of rooms. Any unauthorised late check-out will result in the loss of the Disciplinary Deposit.
NB: Reception for check-in will close at 20:00 daily.
· RIGHT OF ADMISSION RESERVED
· PLEASE have respect for each other and our beautiful & pristine surroundings
· No dogs or pets allowed
· No litter
· No graffiti please
· Fireworks and sky lanterns are prohibited in our area
· Please help us recycle & try keeping use of water & electricity to a minimum
· Be aware of the baboons, monkeys and other wildlife – they have right of way – Do not interfere with them
· Do not kill, hurt, chase or throw anything at any wildlife
· We have a zero-tolerance policy towards the use of drugs, illegal substances and abusive behaviour
· No music centres, speaker boxes, parties, loud music permitted
· Absolute silence from 22:00 until 08:00
· Smoking is a health risk, and is therefore not allowed inside any building
· All cooking, ablution & BBQ facilities have to be kept clean at all times
· Do not mix inventory items between buildings
· Do not exceed the numbers listed on your reservation
· Do not open gate for anyone without legal Day Visiting Permit. The guest will be liable for payment for the full duration of his/her reservation.
· Only one vehicle, one caravan/trailer with two side tents allowed per campsite
· Only one vehicle allowed per Chalet/Log Cabin
· Boat and large trailer parking is available at no extra cost, if owner stays with us.
· Enjoy our spectacular area and have fun
· We are looking forward to having a good time with you
Please adhere to all deadlines stipulated in the reservation to avoid the reservation being automatically cancelled without prior notice.